Private Antenatal Sessions
While the Active birth yoga classes and Active Birth Workshop are an effective way of learning and practising, pregnancy and birth remains an entirely personal experience for the mother and her birth companions. We believe that there comes a time when a mother is best served in a one-on-one relationship with an experienced Childbirth Educator. Your private session with Suzanne Swan is tailored to meet your specific needs.
In the privates session we cover:
- Breathing techniques for an easier birth
- Back care & natural comfort measures during labour
- Massage skills & acupressure for labour
- Active birthing positions for first and second stage (inc birthing in water)
- Stages of labour and transferring to hospital
This hands-on practical childbirth session is an excellent refresher class or complement to your antenatal classes in hospital. Couples leave feeling relaxed and confident that they have practical skills to meet any of the emotional or physical challenges that labour may bring. Read the testimonials below to hear what other couples say about the benefits of a private session.
Reasons you may prefer a private session are:
- The dates of the Active Birth group workshops are not suitable
- You live a distance away from our regular yoga classes or workshops
- You do not like learning in a group situation
- You have special needs. This might include a high profile public lifestyle, previous traumatic birth experience, special family circumstances, lack of support or medical issues
- You prefer one-on-one learning environments.
A private session is generally 3 hours in length. The cost for the session is $132/hour. Day and evening sessions are available at the Yogababy studio, 115 Haig Rd, Auchenflower on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays. It is recommended you attend between 32 - 38 weeks. Here is a link to our cancellation policy.
To request & book a private session
Step one: Request a Private Session using the calendar below or contact us for more options. Please note that the next available sessions are from 26th November.
Step two: Complete the Private Session Form
Try our Private Bundle with discount
You can attend a weekly Active birth yoga class covering the eight Active Birth Skills (Relaxation, Affirmations, Optimally Positioning Baby, Visualisation, Breathing, Vocalisation & 1st/2nd Stage Birthing positions) that you practice with your partner in the private session. The yoga classes give you more practice and in-depth study of the Active Birth Skills.
Active Birth Private : It is recommended to do a 3 hour private session for you and your partner to learn the Active Birth skills for labour as well as covering the different birth stages. The Active Birth skills include breathing and relaxation skills, massage and acupressure techniques and Active Birth positions for 1st and 2nd stages, stages of labour, and transferring from home to hospital.