Become a PreNatal Yoga Teacher
Postgraduate Diploma in Pre/PostNatal Yoga & Active Birth (150hrs or 3 modules)
- PreNatal Yoga TT - June 8 - 10, 2018 or Feb 15-17 2019 (information sheet)
- PostNatal Yoga TT - May 18 - 20, 2018 or Mar 22-24, 2019 (information sheet)
- Active Birth Yoga TT - May 8 - 11, 2019(information sheet)
- Mentoring with Senior Yoga teacher
- Midwife/Health Professional and a minimum of 1 year yoga experience.
Complete the Postgraduate Diploma in PreNatal/PostNatal TT & Active Birth and you can apply to become an Associate Member and a Registered PreNatal Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance. Along with the 150hrs Yoga training you are mentored by Suzanne Swan (a Senior Yoga teacher).
Cost $1950 or $710 per module
All trainings are held at the Yogababy studio, Auchenflower, Brisbane (10am Fri - 4pm Sun)
“I really enjoyed every aspect of the course. Suzanne articulated everything so beautifully and she so clearly has the years of experience and passion culminating in her work that it’s impossible for it not rub off on others. Her influence and guidance is one of the reasons I felt so confident and strong throughout my pregnancy and birthing journey. If I can instil in other women this same feeling, I’ll feel as though I’ve done the right thing! ”
Active Birth Skills Training
17th - 19th May, 2019
Non-residential 3-day Intense (10am Fri - 4pm Sun) @ Yogababy Studio, Auchenflower
Available to Doctors, Doulas, Midwives, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician's Assistants, Healthcare Providers, Women’s Health Physiotherapists, Childbirth Educators, Hypnotherapists, Yoga Instructors, Massage Therapists, and anyone with interested in Maternal Health and Birthing.
Facilitated by Suzanne Swan (for Learning Outcomes and timetable visit www.midwives.org.au)
- The normal physiology & hormones of labour & birth
- Understanding what is an Active Birth
- Explore Relaxation & Mindfulness skills as they relate to birth
- Principles of Active Birth: Positions for labour, massage & breath work
- Understand the anatomy of the pelvis & pelvic floor during labour & birth
- Helping babies move into a good position for an easier pregnancy and birth
- Download training documentation here·
As a Midwife, you can receive 22.5 hrs MidPlus Points with Australian College of Midwives. Further your studies with the Prenatal /Postnatal Yoga TT & Active Birth training and you can register as a PreNatal Yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance.
Training is held at the Yogababy studio, Auchenflower, Brisbane (10am Fri - 4pm Sun)
Mentoring with Suzanne Swan
Suzanne Swan is able to offer suitable applicants work experience in order to gain yoga teaching experience. These classes will be supervised and mentorship given.